Codewarrior development studio (HCS08) on Linux - Wine ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior development studio (HCS08) on Linux - Wine ?

cca
Contributor I
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with installing Metrowerks CodeWarior under Wine ?

Our development platform is moving away from windows, all development is now on Linux (Suse 9.x) except for the HCS08 processor stuff.

All input is welcome.

Kind regards,

Christophe
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

WagnerDeQueiroz
Contributor I
Dear friend. 

Codewarrior is a best tool to work with hc08 what as seen, but, I don´t make this work in Linux. I try Wine/Qemu and anothers solutions with no sucess.

Maybe work with Vmware, but I have no money to buy a licence for this.

Maybe I create a IDE for programming Hc08 in FreePascal/Lazarus. But I have no time for now. If you or another people have interest this, contact-me for more information. I prefer made this Ide for GPL license.

I began to create this Ide in Windows Enviroment in Delphi3 but in the middle of path, I migrate my computers in Linux and that IDE stay frozed.

So, now I´m learning to programming with Lazarus to re-create my IDE in Linux.

In linux we have the SDCC "an C++ compiler" for hc08
We have anothers solutions too.

P.S.: I´m a Brazillian Techinian and sorry my bad english

Message Edited by WagnerDeQueiroz on 2006-07-25 06:51 AM

unL33T
Contributor I
I have attempted to use VMWare Workstation 5.5 to run CodeWarrior for the HCS12 but for some reason VMWare does not recognize the USB Multilink BDM device. Otherwise I think it would work fine. You could also use VMWare player (free) if you could somehow get hold of a virtual machine with Windows and CodeWarrior installed on it (assuming you could resolve the BDM device issue).