Classic CodeWarrior Project Importer in 10.3 Eval Version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic CodeWarrior Project Importer in 10.3 Eval Version

stephenfelsher
Contributor I

I just downloaded and installed the evaluation version of CodeWarrior 10.3 Eclipse. I wanted to import one of my legacy CodeWarrior projects (CodeWarrior Classic 2.8); however, I do not see the Project Importer in the Eclispe IDE.

Is the Classic Project Importer included in the evaluation version?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Stephman
Contributor I

Hello,

I don't know if it may help, but in order to import my CW 6.3 projects in CW 10.x version, I've never used the importer wizard.

I have always created a new project and copied my source files and possibly added the modifications to the PRN/LCF files and compiler specific options.

Usually when creating a project, I always write in a document tracing the modifications brought on the project configuration from the default values. Usually there are very few modifications.

Thus, with that method, it takes 1 minute to import a project from one version to an other. I have also done the other way, i.e. from CW 10.3 to CW 6.3 without any problem.

Regards

Stephane

0 Kudos

stephenfelsher
Contributor I

I was hoping to avoid the manual method since I only wanted to do a very quick evaluation of the new tool. As Marcus indicated, it appears that the wizard is no longer included. I guess Freescale needs to update the documentation.

0 Kudos

MGU
Contributor I

I saw the same problem when trying to import a CW 7.1 project. It seems that this feature was removed in 10.3 - in 10.1, it was still included.

big_steve
Contributor III

I have same problem in CW 10.3. I can't import older CW projects.

0 Kudos