CW10.3b License

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.3b License

Smiffytech
Contributor III

I was wondering what the code size limitation was for CW10.3b for Kinetis. Looking under Help->Freescale Licenses, I find that there are no license options, just that I have 70 days left - so I assume that this is not the regular free/restricted code size version that I have been using with CW10.2

So - will this be out of beta within 70 days, so I can get the version I have been using, or will it just stop working for me?

As much as I'd love to hand over $$$ for a full CW license, I'm under "austerity measures" at the moment

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no size limitation for gcc and CodeWarrior up until and including MCU10.3 beta.

If you are using 10.3 beta with gcc to program the Kinetis K or L: it is unlimited ;-).

Now with final 10.3 (non-beta) it is very likely that this might not be the case, and that gcc binaries will have a code size limitation too, as it was for 10.2.

Smiffytech
Contributor III

Cool, regarding gcc - but what about the expiring license?

I've gone back in to check, and it says:

MCU Wizard and Tools Plugin - License expiring in 70 days.

Not sure if this impacts me or not - does it mean Processor Expert, and what tools?  So long as I can use PEx and programme/debug, I'm not worried about any other functionality - but don't want to lose this.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can rename the MCU\license.dat and then you have now what you will have after the license has been expired.

Which means you will not have RTOS aware MQX debugging. If you are not going to use MQX, this does not impact you at all.

Smiffytech
Contributor III

Cool - since I'm trying to learn FreeRTOS from somebody's excellent articles, this shouldn't be a problem :smileywink:

0 Kudos