52259 BDM debugger recommendation with Code Warrior 10.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

52259 BDM debugger recommendation with Code Warrior 10.3

johnreynolds
Contributor II

Hi All, We've been using a P&E USB Multilink Rev C BDM debugger with our 522xx products for a number of years. Recently we've started using a 52259 chip and I have noticed that programming and single-stepping in the debugger is not 100% reliable. We have to re-power the device, re-plug the USB when programming, and the single-stepping sometimes crashes. I have used the Freescale CFM52259 Tower kit, which comes with an onboard USB debug interface that works with the OSBDM Code Warrior driver, and it is much more reliable. Does anyone have any recommendations for 52259 USB BDM debugger that uses the 40 pin BDM interface?

Thanks, John

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

is that RevC Multilink a blue one with a attached female header (not flat band cable)?

If so, I used one for years too, and then the connector was causing problems like you describe because of a mechanical stress and connection issues. You might try to resolder the header contacts (heat them up and add some solder).

Other than that: I'm using the P&E Universal Multilink (the green box) with a flat band cable with my 52259 projects, and have not faced the above issue, as the flat band cable solution worked much better in my view for my usage.

Other than that: Freescale sells the USBTAP for ColdFire (BDM), but I only had used it once (tried it out in a trial period), and then switched to the P&E Multilink as smaller and better to use.

Hope this helps.

johnreynolds
Contributor II

Erich, thanks for the feedback. Yes, it's the Blue one with the 40 pin female header. I'll look at it and see if we can replace it. If it's a no-go, we'll look at the Green Multilink you suggested

John

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Try popping the case open and remove the jumper.

See if that fixes it.