cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vitess binary file base address in cw 10.3.3

Nuevo
Contributor I

Hi

Could u please tell about vitess binary file memory location for cw,,, during nor flash programming,,,,, what will be the starting and ending address and address offset for vsc2bin file...................

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Vitess firmware should be programmed at the beginning of NOR flash.

What board you are using? In this link you can find an example for P2020RDB-PC board. Start address for vitess firmware in u-boot is 0xEF00_0000, and also in CW will be 0xFF00_0000.

Adrian

0 Kudos

Nuevo
Contributor I

Hi

Adrian

p1020rdb-pc

https://community.freescale.com/thread/309502    in this link u have told that base address is FF710000......... then which one will be the correct base address and offset addresss

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Exemple for p2020rdb-pc

If you are trying to program vitess firmware using CW Flash Programmer, you should set the offset at address: 0xFF00_0000. To check vitess firmware is in NOR, open Memory view and add 0xFF000000 to monitor.

After that, you can go to u-boot, and check vitess firmware at address 0xEF000000 (md.b ef000000 10). Also, according with this link, you should set vscfw_addr env variable.

Adrian

0 Kudos

Nuevo
Contributor I

Hi

Adrian

Sorry for disturbing u again

Our Board is P1020RDB-PC and SDK is V1.01  for this Board could u please tell what will be the base address for vitess firmware and offset address

regards

chaya

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is the same offset.

Adrian

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You mean, u-boot is not booting (nothing on terminal)?

Adrian

0 Kudos

Nuevo
Contributor I

Hi

yes Junk data is coming not getting the boot logs,  from memory view  can  view the logs, but in terminal i am unable to view the logs

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check the following:

- u-boot is programmed using CW starting with address 0xFFF80000

- switch settings: SW2: OFF ON ON ON ON ON ON ON and SW3: ON ON OFF ON OFF ON ON OFF

- serial cable adapter should be connected in UART0 and set baud rate to 115200. Serial cable should be null modem

- attached is the u-boot i used on my board

I have tested on a board similar with the one you own and with the setup above works fine. If your board is set as above and the u-boot is not booting, it looks like your board have a hardware issue.

Adrian

0 Kudos

Nuevo
Contributor I

Hi

What u sent the logs,, same logs am getting in the memory view,,,,,,,,,,,,, but board is not booting up,,,

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suggest you summit a service request to Freescale warranty team, using www.freescale.com (Support -> Technical Service Request), because probably is a hardware issue.

Adrian

0 Kudos