multiple pairs of the same variable in debug interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple pairs of the same variable in debug interface

flavioinge
Contributor I

This is the same problem explained by legnanimassimo, but it is not solved.

Using Codewarrior 11.1 (and also older version), in some installation happens the following very annoying problem:

every time I re-compile my software, if I leave the view related to Global Variables active, when the compilation ends, the global variables previously inserted, are repeated at each compilation and after a few times it is no longer possible to display their value, they must be deleted and entered again.
A workaround is to change the active display from 'Variables' to any other one (Breakpoint .. etc.) before closing the debug interface.
It seems a storage problem of the variables on debug perspective.

flavioinge_0-1654067957455.png

I made a fresh install, in a new workspace, with a new design taken from "Import a sample project" on two PCs.

This problem is very annoying when debugging the software.
Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @flavioinge 

This is a known issue, please see below workaround.

ZhangJennie_0-1654851755528.png

For more see Release_Notes.pdf under your CW install folder, Appendix A. Known issues and Workarounds.

Hope this helps,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

flavioinge
Contributor I

Unfortunately that workaround doesn't help, because you have to delete and rewrite the variables for every single code change. Often this will take longer than modifying the code. So the best solution is the one found by @legnianimassimo: Close the "Variables" window before switching to the edit perspective.

I will try to reinstall Codewarrior 10

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good to know. Thanks.

0 Kudos