flash programmer algorithm source

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flash programmer algorithm source

kevincarney
Contributor I

Is the source code for the Flash Programmer algorithms available?

We are trying to use the ST algorithms ('NAND0xGW-eLBC.elf' and 'NAND0xGW-eLBCUtility.elf') but they do not seem to be working correctly.  It would be helpful to have the source to figure out what the problem is.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using CW for PA, take a look into AppNote-FlashProgrammer-PowerArchitecture.pdf available in ..\PA\PA_Tools\FlashToolKit\Documentation\

Adrian

0 Kudos

kevincarney
Contributor I

I am not sure how this App Note helps.  I am trying to determine the best algorithm for programming the NAND.  I am basing my choice on the name of the flash algorithm file.  According to the datasheet for the NAND0xGW part, it uses the algorithm I need, but it does not seem to work correctly.  I wanted to review the source to see if it is actually using the algorithm I need.

Is there another way to choose the algorithm?  Is there some document that explains the algorithm used in each file?

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, the FlashProgrammer sources are not public. For cases when stock CW algorithms are not enough, CW comes with the Flash Tool Kit. The new algorithm would have to be implemented by the customer starting from the templates in the kit. Beside this, attached you can find a document with steps that will help you to debug the algorithm using CW.

Hope this will help you.

Adrian

0 Kudos