codewarrior virus?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

codewarrior virus?

appCoder
Contributor II

Hi, I tried downloading CodeWarrior 5.2 S12(X) on two separate computers but McAfee is deleting the file after downloading because it thinks there's malware or virus "Artemis". Anyone else having this problem? Our IT person says this is a real virus.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

appCoder
Contributor II

Hello, We continue to have the problem. Mcafee thinks there's a virus so it deletes the file after download.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

How it works if I send the service pack to you via email.

It it is possible, you can send your email address to me. I can send it there.
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi William,

I am working on CW support but I didn't hear of the CW download package from officially website include virus files.

you may send the "virus file" name list here, we can check.

I ever received report from customer, McAfee may prevent CW install process. disable McAfee during install can solve the problem.

or you can try it on a home computer without McAfee for download and install.

Note: CW install must with admin right.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

appCoder
Contributor II

Hello Jennie,

Thanks for the response. I need to keep recommending to our customers to stay with Ver 5.1 because there are derivatives missing. It's more complicated to try to instruct them how to add those files than to keep using 5.1. Is there a plan to release a 5.3 which has the missing derivatives added back. We need mc9s12xdt512.h for our demo boards.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi William.

I just checked the roadmap, for the moment, there is no plan for CW5.3 yet.

I suggest you refer the document if you use CW5.2 :

How to install missing device to CodeWarrior for HCS12 v5.2

you may download and install "CodeWarrior® for HC12X v4.1 - XDP512 Service Pack" from this url:

Updates for CodeWarrior for HCS12 v4.1|NXP

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

appCoder
Contributor II

Also, why don't I see my post in the general area. I only saw this when I looked up my content?

Thanks

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

maybe your post were being moderated right after you posted. try it again you may be able to see your post in general area now.

0 Kudos