chip select not responding beyond 64k

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chip select not responding beyond 64k

sandeepnaik
Contributor I

I am facing problem of failing to generate chip select for CS2, CS3 CS4 & CD5 .(using version 10.4)). In processor expert settings are: 1. BA = 80000000, 90000000, A0000000, B0000000 2. Mask = 0001FFFF, 0001FFFF, 0001FFFF, 0001FFFF, 3. write ptect: disabled 4. Left justified 5. Data port 16 bit( (pointer declared as unsigned short *) 6. Byte enable : disabled 7. No burst modes 8. ALE enabled With this settings for addresses above 64k(0xFFFF) the controller hangs. For similar settings but BA= 60000000 & Mask = 0008FFFF, CS0 working OK. So far I was using memory below 64k, & I didn't notice the issue for last two years

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Naik,

Thank you for posting your question.

To investigate this problem, we need more information in order to duplicate the problem on our side. Could you please provide us:
1.    your CW and processor expert version: Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale CodeWarrior. Click on Installed Products.Save all info displayed into a txt file and send it to me.
2.    send the entire sample code folder(include mcp, pe, prm, c,…) in zip format to me.
3.    problem screenshot.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos