can not modify flash memory using code worrior 2.10 in debug mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not modify flash memory using code worrior 2.10 in debug mode

karanpatel
Contributor I

I develop application in code worrior 2.10.in debug mode when i try to modify flash memory location i cant from memory window.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Karan

When debugging in CodeWarrior, user can only modify the data in RAM from memory windows, cannot modify the flash memory.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

karanpatel
Contributor I

but there should be way....to modify memory in debug mode

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes but I don't think you can do that by changing the code directly in the memory component.

Now I think you could access the Flash in your application.

Most of the time there is a process/rules to follow to be able to access the Flash.

When you load the application on board (Flash), the flash programmer is used in order to access the flash programming, to  erase the code, to flash the application and to verify the loaded application.

If you want to access the flash memory via your application, I recommend you to refer to the the device manual.

The process/rules for flash should be explained.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos