What is the difference between "ARMv8 v11.2.5 b170927 - Linux" and "Installer: CodeWarrior Networked Applications Linux Hosted-Offline v2017.03"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between "ARMv8 v11.2.5 b170927 - Linux" and "Installer: CodeWarrior Networked Applications Linux Hosted-Offline v2017.03"?

brettstahlman
Contributor III

I'm trying to download/install the evaluation version of CodeWarrior for use with the LS1012A evaluation board. I've gone to the download page, and I see 2 basic packages available for download: one is clearly an "Installer"; the name of the other doesn't give much of a clue as to what it is. Are the packages mutually-exclusive, or are both needed, and if so, for what?

Thanks,

Brett S.

4 Replies

ACGarland
Contributor III

I'm trying to figure this out too.  I've dowloaded, installed, and been using CodeWarrior Networked Applications Linux Hosted-Offline v2017.03.tar (dated March, 2017). I also downloaded ARMv8 v11.2.5 b170927 - Linux.zip which appears to be more recent (September 27, 2017?).  The folder structure within the ZIP file doesn't bear any obvious resemblance to the CW installation under /usr/local/Freescale so I'm puzzled if it is an update and, if so, how it is supposed to be used or merged with the CW installation?

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The file "CodeWarrior Networked Applications Linux Hosted-Offline v2017.03.tar" is the base installation tar ball for CodeWarrior v2017.03(v11.2.3).

The file ARMv8 v11.2.5 b170927 - Linux.zip is the patch release used to update CodeWarrior to the latest version 11.2.5. After install CodeWarrior 2017.03, please install the patch(zip) file in CodeWarrior IDE from Help->Install New Software->Add->Archive, please specify the path of the zip file and follow the installation wizards to install it step by step.

Thanks,
Yiping

ACGarland
Contributor III

Yiping Wang wrote:

After install CodeWarrior 2017.03, please install the patch(zip) file in CodeWarrior IDE from Help->Install New Software->Add->Archive, please specify the path of the zip file and follow the installation wizards to install it step by step.

I was able to add the ZIP file as an archive, but during the install process encounter an error:

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 5.15.35 PM.png

I'm assuming this means the patch doesn't successfully get applied?  Any idea what this problem may be?

I've attached the diagnostic info that was created (as mentioned in the above dialog).

0 Kudos

brettstahlman
Contributor III

Yiping,

In installed updates through CodeWarrior's "Help > Check for Updates" menu

option. Would this have installed the updates in "ARMv8 v11.25 b170927 -

Linux", or do I need to install those separately?

Thanks,

Brett S.

0 Kudos