Contributor II

Hello,

When I want to use USB dongle(CWH-DONGLE) for code warrior licensing,

1. which product should I get?

- Floating License

- Node-lock License

2. LMTOOLS using is required?

My customer would like not to use LMTOOLS

because it seems LMTOOLS doesn't work well on my customer's PC.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to use USB dongle without LMTOOLS, if possible.

Best Regards,

Ikki

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Ikki

A dongle-based license is a special type of node-locked license, in which the license is locked to the FlexID of a USB licensing dongle. So please choose Node-lock License if you want to use USB dongle.

LMTOOLS is only used for verifying whether the host can read the dongle ID. It can be downloaded from:

USB Dongle Drivers|NXP

For how to install dongle license, please refer to:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/DongleQS.pdf

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Ikki

A dongle-based license is a special type of node-locked license, in which the license is locked to the FlexID of a USB licensing dongle. So please choose Node-lock License if you want to use USB dongle.

LMTOOLS is only used for verifying whether the host can read the dongle ID. It can be downloaded from:

USB Dongle Drivers|NXP

For how to install dongle license, please refer to:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/DongleQS.pdf

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hello Fiona

Thank you for your responce!

I understand that it is OK to get code warrior node-lock license & USB dongle for dongle activation.

LMTOOLS must be necessary?

Do you know the way to use USB dongle without LMTOOLS?

Best Regards,

Ikki

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Ikki

LMTOOLS is used for checking whether the USB dongle driver is installed successfully, and for getting the dongle ID. It is not necessary for running CodeWarrior with dongle license. 

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hello Fiona,

Thank you for your information!!

I can understand when LMTOOLS is required.

I think my customer's issue would be depending on their PC environment,

then for a start I will obtain USB dongle and try the activation procedure on my PC environment.

Best Regards,

Ikki

0 Kudos