cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeater

vitorgabriel100
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using a MKW24D Board and the SMAC communication protocol. I would like to know if NXP provides a Repeater application for this board and protocol. I'm looking for a application that  repeats all the messages received in a specific channel to extend the range of a Point-to-Point link. 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you but we do not have an example that fulfills your requirements, nonetheless , this implementation can be done in the application level but it will be your own one.

When using SMAC the packed is not immediately re-transmitted , you will need to do it in your application you will need to decrement the maximum hops of the transmission and you will also need to verify that you have not send the message before.

Please take into account that this MCU it's not recommended for new designs, if you are just starting your design, I would recommend you to work  with the MKW21Z.

Regards ,
Estephania

0 Kudos

vitorgabriel100
Contributor II

Hello Estephania,

First I want to thank you for the support.
I found an example like this for the board MC1322x in the BeeKit. I would like to know why this code it ins't implemented for other boards and if it has a motive to this code isn't available for new versions.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The MC1322 device is in End of Life state, the cortex, radio and registers are not the same ones as it is for the KW24D and those are even more different to the rest of the new devices such as the KW21Z.

You can try migrating the example as the devices support the SMAC legacy, nonetheless, that will need to be your own implementation.

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards ,
Estephania