cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recompile Project Error

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi,

I have K60Tower board: _K60P144M150SF3RM, with MQX4.2 version, and CodeWarrior 10.6.4 Version

I haven't recompile my project for long time.  And something might have modified. But Compilation I got the following warning:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Is that OK?

What caused this warning?

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David.

Thanks for the sharing.

Best Regards.

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David.

Generally, the warning "ignoring changed section attributes for .text" is because user tries to define changeable variable in  .text section. the gcc compiler tries to writable access it, but .text was readonly implicitly.

I didn't see your code, if this can't help, please create a demo project for your issue. I will look into it further.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi Jennie,

Thank you for your input.

The warning message is from bsp project, not from my application project. In the IOdebug_asm.S file, line 58.

To build bsp_AccuMax in release, it still shows the same warning message. I guess I can ignore it.

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi Jennie,

I found:

Arnaud Lacombe - Re: Problem for using __attribute__((section(".text"))) 

and edited iodebug_asm.S file as posted by Arnaud. and warning disappears.

the file location:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\source\io\debug\iodebug_asm.S

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos