Problem with USB Multilink Interface (yellow light always ON) detecting MCU MC9S08AW16

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with USB Multilink Interface (yellow light always ON) detecting MCU MC9S08AW16

guillaumebeaufo
Contributor I

Hi there, I’m using the USB-ML-12E programmer to program a chip MC9S08AW16 on a custom board and the IDE is unable to communicate with the chip. One of my main concern with the programmer is that the yellow light on it is suppose to only lit when a target device power is detected, but it's always ON even if the header isn’t connected to the male 6 pins header on the board. I get the power cycle dialog to enter debug mode with the chip but it never seem to work. The IDE doesn’t seem to be able to do the power cycle correctly with the chip. Sometimes I don't even get the power cycle dialog. Another of my concern is that I'm using a REV. C USB-ML-12E, but in the drivers it shows that its a REV. B. I've tried getting latest drivers for this programmer on P&E website and uninstalling and reinstalling them a coupel time and it,s still not working. Is there a way I can test if the programmer isn't broken?

Thx in advance!

P.S.: The message I get is shown in the following image (I'm currently using CodeWarrior for MCU version: 10.5):

13267_13267.png2014-07-10 12-20-00 PM.png

Labels (1)
4 Replies

guillaumebeaufo
Contributor I

Hello Yong Li, thank you for trying to resolve my issue. Sadly It doesn't work when I start the firmware updater. I get the following error:

2014-07-14 10-43-15 AM.png

Thanks!

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Samson,

so sorry for delay again, I was heavily backlogged!

seems something is missed, I will upload it again!

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

see the attached!

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Samson,

I'm sorry for delay replying!

the attached is a updater for USB-Multilink which contains a .584 version firmware, I would suggest install it in your PC to update the Multilink firmware.

and I remember, CW v10.5 and CW v10.6 both has newer firmware, after updating to 584 firmware, CW will also update the firmware again when debugging.

please let me know if it helps!