cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSBDM for TRK MPC 5604B??

Jump to solution
josealonsovalle
Contributor III

Hi, i am new in the Qorivva microcontroller  and i want to start with the TRK 5604B, but there people saying me that i can not program the micro if i have not a BDM..

Is true what i need the BDM for program the micro, i simplify connect the board to the computer with the USB cable directly???

this is the device what i need??

greetings...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jose,

I don't have the board on my side but the TRK-MPC5604B: MPC5604B StarterTRAK (Development Kit) should contains all cables to use it.

According to the Quick Start http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/MPC5604BQSG.pdf, the board includes OSBDM:

On-board JTAG connection via open source OSBDM circuit using the MPC9S08JM microcontroller

The TRK-MPC5604B package includes the following items:

• TRK-MPC5604B Board

• CodeWarrior Development Studio DVD-ROM

• TRK-MPC5604B Resources CD

• USB A-to-B Cable

• Freescale Warranty Card

The USB A to B cable is using the OSBDM interface.

I will check with my colleague and will keep you updated.

However, following the info I found, it should work.

Have a great day,
Pascal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
andy_Musk
Contributor III

the MPC9S08JM microcontroller  need burn firmware or not? if need where is the firmware?

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just got info from colleague.

OSBDM/OSJTAG interface works with CW for MCUs v 10.x

You don't need Multilink interface.

Have a great day,
Pascal

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jose,

I don't have the board on my side but the TRK-MPC5604B: MPC5604B StarterTRAK (Development Kit) should contains all cables to use it.

According to the Quick Start http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/MPC5604BQSG.pdf, the board includes OSBDM:

On-board JTAG connection via open source OSBDM circuit using the MPC9S08JM microcontroller

The TRK-MPC5604B package includes the following items:

• TRK-MPC5604B Board

• CodeWarrior Development Studio DVD-ROM

• TRK-MPC5604B Resources CD

• USB A-to-B Cable

• Freescale Warranty Card

The USB A to B cable is using the OSBDM interface.

I will check with my colleague and will keep you updated.

However, following the info I found, it should work.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos