NXP MPC566EVB COM1 output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP MPC566EVB COM1 output

sverhoff
Contributor I

I have a question reguarding the NXP MPC566EVB development board. I am having issues getting the board's COM1 port to output the DBUG communication prompt. The board appears to power on just fine, and I can use a JTAG probe to connect to it and see the memory controller registers, which appear to be wrong according to the manual. However, nothing prints out of the COM1 serial port.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

sverhoff
Contributor I

Hi Lukas,

I have downloaded the origianl binaries for the NXP MPC566EVB board. I have tried reflashing the external flash with the mpc566evb_flash_v1.s19 with no luck. Using my JTAG probe, I have been able to step through the assembly instructions, and it looks like the code is getting stuck in an infinite loop before it gets to the section of code that configures the memory control registers. Is there anyway I could get the DBUG monitor source code?

Thanks for your help,

Steve

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Steve,

I got information that the source code is property of Axiom, so please try to ask them if they are willing to provide it.

https://axman.com/contact 

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

did you try to measure pins 2 and 3 on COM-1 connector by oscilloscope? Can you catch anything?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

sverhoff
Contributor I

Hello,

Yes, I have connected it to an oscilloscope. When I select the external flash to boot from, I do not get anything. When I select the internal flash, I get something printed out, but it is garbage. I have tried several different baud rates and settings with no luck. I have tested my serial cable by connecting pins 2 and 3 and see what I typed echoed to the putty window.

I believe the external flash has become corrupted and needs to be reflashed. However, I do not have the default binaries for this board. Do you know where I can get them?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos