cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print in the IAR I/O terminal?

vitorgabriel100
Contributor II

Hi, 

I want to know how to print in the I/O terminal of IAR workbench? My device board is a kw24d.

When I use printf(), it doesn't' prints nothing in this terminal. My debugger driver is is in the PE micro option. I tried to use stdout/stderr via semihosting and via SWO, and nothing happened.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Which example are you trying? Also, in which connector are you using the board?

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

vitorgabriel100
Contributor II

Hello

I'm using the board with a usb connector. And I'm trying to trying to play a lot of examples, like the connectivity example provide by nxp. The examples works well and using a serial terminal I can print what I want, but for a specific work i need to print somethings in the I/O terminal of IAR, and I'm not achieving.  

Regards, 
Vítor

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There are two USB connectors in the freedom board, so , I'm not sure which one you use.

As I'm not sure which example you are using, I'll try to help you in a general way, it is most likely that you won't be able to use the semihosting in the demo due to the timings of the software stack.

Usually when you use the semihosting there are some extra timings and resources used that might be affecting the flow of the wireless stack.

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos