cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update

peterascott
Contributor II

Hello,

When I debug my application via CodeWarrior over a Multilnk Universal FX cable, I get an error message:

Flash Erase Failed. Result = $8882 Firmware update failed. Retry?

If I say 'No', I am able to connect and successfully debug my application. But why am I seeing this error? I have programmed it through the PE tool so not sure why it is trying again.

Thanks,

Pete

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi peterascott,

What's your target part number?

We need to make sure Multilnk Universal FX firmware support the specific PN,

I suggest you downloading USB Multilink Resources Installand update the firmware on Multilnk Universal FX firmware to the latest and supporting the specific PN

https://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

peterascott
Contributor II

Hello,

I am targeting the MPC5675k and when running the firmware update tool, I select the Qorivva MPC5xxx for the "Architecture to Support". This successfully updates to the 11.9 version. But when I run the debugger I still receive the same error. While it does work if I indicate No to retry, I am wondering why I get this error.

Thanks,

Pete

0 Kudos

0点过后必饿
Contributor I

Hello, I have met the same problem as you, and the steps you tried to solve the problem are the same, and the final result is the same. May I ask whether you successfully solved the problem at last?

0 Kudos

peterascott
Contributor II

I have not been able to resolve the issue, I just do the 'No' option and things work.

0 Kudos