Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z Demo Board Example Programs

Jump to solution
controlguy
Contributor I

Greetings,

I am trying (unsuccessfully) to get the KL25 demo programs to load to my demo board. I have downloaded them, imported the "helloworld" one into CW. I have built it and I get 2 warnings about variables not used (no biggie). However, when I go to debug, I get the P & E connection assistant pop-up telling me it is trying to use the OpenSDA - USB Port (Which I am plugged into) and below that says "No Device Available".

I do see FRDM-KL25Z as my F: drive on my PC.

Keep in mind that I have been loading the other demo programs outside of CW (the .srec pre-compiled files) with no issue.

Can anyone help? I can't find documentation on proper loading of this and frankly, the demos, are leaving a lot to be desired for such a simple board.

TIA,

Ed

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ed,

have you loaded the board with the debug firmware? See The Freescale OpenSDA Trap: “No Device Available”, or something like that…. | MCU on Eclipse

The board ships with an S19 bootloader, but you need to load a different firmware in order to debug it.

The latest firmware (see New P&E OpenSDA Firmware v114 | MCU on Eclipse) has the S19 bootloader and debug application combined.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ed,

have you loaded the board with the debug firmware? See The Freescale OpenSDA Trap: “No Device Available”, or something like that…. | MCU on Eclipse

The board ships with an S19 bootloader, but you need to load a different firmware in order to debug it.

The latest firmware (see New P&E OpenSDA Firmware v114 | MCU on Eclipse) has the S19 bootloader and debug application combined.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
controlguy
Contributor I

Erich,

I saw your blog posts on this. Great stuff! I got it figured out.

I am really disappointed w/ the lack of info that Freescale provides on it's demo boards. I originally tried some stuff w/ TI dev boards and their environment had many many many more examples.

I like the stuff on your blog though!

Ed

0 Kudos