Error Pop-Up Hex to Vsf: Unable to write to SoftwareReleaseTool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Pop-Up Hex to Vsf: Unable to write to SoftwareReleaseTool

chadwalkowiak
Contributor I

How I can fix not getting the popup that says "Unable to Write to SoftwareReleaseTool" every time I "Make" a build? It appears that the build is actually successful despite this error and the .vsf file is not corrupt when I flash it in to my ECU.

I have heard something about maybe this is from not running the program as Administrator, but that is not possible as we don't get admin rights on our laptops at our company.

I am using CodeWarrior Development Studio IDE version 5.9.0 Build 3510.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chad.

to solve your problem, we need to know:

- what chip do you work with?

- Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale CodeWarrior. Click on Installed Products.Save all info displayed into a txt file and send it here.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chadwalkowiak
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

I am working with CodeWarrior Development Studio for Freescale MPC55xx and MPC56xx version 2.10, build 120305.

I attached the versions as you requested.

Chad

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please post here a screen of the error?

Which operating system do you use?

When the error stated to appear (after any plugin installation or any windows update)? Please clarify.

Did you try to reinstall whole CodeWarrior Development Studio?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos