Error During Debug: "Launching <ProjectName>_FLASH_SDM_FSL USB TAP has encountered a problem"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error During Debug: "Launching <ProjectName>_FLASH_SDM_FSL USB TAP has encountered a problem"

aniruddhatiru
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using a custom MC56F84551 board and suddenly for the last couple of days, i am unable to download my projects to the uC. Every time, I get the error  "Launching <ProjectName>_FLASH_SDM_FSL USB TAP has encountered a problem".

I have been using the board for a couple of weeks and everything was just fine till a couple of days ago when this started popping up.

I have attached a screenshot of the error I get.

I am using a CodeWarrior ONCE TAP and Code Warrior 10.6.4, Build Id 150416. Debug is through JTAG.

Tried the usual things, reboot PC, reinstall Codewarrior, Reinstall Device Drivers, etc.

Please help me out

Regards,

Tiru

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello aniruddha

Would you please a new project for MC56F84551 from <File> menu -> New->Bareboard project, can CodeWarrior v10.6.4 program with this project into your board?

If the new bareboard project also does not work, please:

1) Please change the JTAG clock to 500 in connection configurations. If this still does not work, please key in the commands below in CCS console. What is displaying on your side?

show cc

findcc utaps

2) Check the USBTAP driver, CW10.6.4 uses different driver with CW8.3. The driver is placed at:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\ccs\drivers\usb\

Please follow the instructions in <readme> to install the driver:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\ccs\drivers\usb\readme.txt

3) If it does not work after uninstall and reinstall driver, please open CCS console, and logging by typing "log v" in Connection Server. Then start debugging, please send the log file to me, the log file is usually placed at CCS folder:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\ccs\bin

4) Please also send me a screenshot to show USBTAP in Device Manager and its driver details. Thanks a lot!

5) I also need to know the OS on ctm's PC, is it a 32bit, or 64bit OS?

6) Do you have any other DSC board for test?

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos