Erase Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erase Error

floridamartinez
Contributor I

How do I fix the following error: " Error: Erase failed.  Flash driver reports the following error(s): Operation Unsupported".  What causes this error and how do I prevent it from occurring again? Thanks!!!  It happened while erasing entire flash.  It only happened with one board and it is the first time I see this error.  I am not able to get past this error and program the board.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

floridamartinez
Contributor I

The error does not lie with the flash program.  I ran it with another board, and the error did not occur there.  It is only with the one board.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Florida,

Could you tell us which MCU and CodeWarrior version are you using?

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

floridamartinez
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

The CodeWarrior I am using is the CodeWarrior for Power Architecture version 10.3. The MCU is MPC8309CVMAHFCA.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Florida Martinez

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Florida Martinez,

First please open console panel from Windows->Show view->Console, and execute the flash programming task again, then capture and attach the flash programming log.

Please check whether it is DDR initialization problem, please follow new project wizards to create a bare board project, then download and execute the sample program from Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core00_RAM_<processor>_Download->Debug.

In addition, what NOR Flash do you use on your customized target? Have modified Local Bus Interface  parameters(BR and OR) in the initialization file according to your target board?

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos