Copying/moving a CW project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying/moving a CW project

lmatte
Contributor II

I found an hard task in copying/moving a CW project to a different location, as every time I reopen the workspace I see the message "Invalid workspace in use", with a box redirecting me to switch to another one.

I tried the following methods (that I felt should work...):

• Simple import
    • Opening a new workspace, in an empty directory
    • File->Import...->Existing project into workspace, from the old project to new one
  • Components import
    • From original workspace: File->Export...->Export Board Configuration, to a .peb file
    • Opening a new workspace, in an empty directory
    • Creating a project for my DSC (56F8037)
    • File->Import...->Apply board configuration, from the .peb file
    • File->Import...->File system, from the original Sources files

Both methods create full working projects, compiled and tested as good on board, however I'm still with the "Invalid workspace in use" message.

As the second method copies just the .peb file which could have references(?) from the original, I think it should be the cause(...)

I'm using CW 11.0 on Windows

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luca,

I couldn't reproduce your problem.

How about it if you try this:

1. Export: export project to archive file

pastedImage_1.png

2. Import:

- create a new workspace

- Import archive file generated by step1

How it works then?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lmatte
Contributor II

2018-06-19 10_24_15-CodeWarrior Development Studio.png

Well, no luck either.

Note that I tried to export/re-import the workspace that already has been flagged as "invalid workspace", as I have few other chances: this is my functional workspace.

What you can see above is another small issue in importing an archive. The original project has been named as "NewABC", and I'm required to create a new project prior to import; let's say I created project "ABC", as an (almost) empty project. Importing creates a descendant tree, where my only project, with real code, is referenced as "ABC/NewABC".

I'm sure then that the problem is in my original "NewABC" project, and anyhow I try to export it the problem itself is exported too. Maybe a referred path is missing.

Most probably in the .pe file, as all the rest are my plain sources, and the error message appears a few seconds after opening workspace, like after PE decoding. At a quick(!) analysis of the 12+ thousand lines of the XML file I can't see anything like that though.

Not to be picky, but the message "There's an error and I will die an horrible death. I told you." could be improved at least as in "There's an error with this[...] file, maybe here[...]."

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The error message tells to export project to other worksapce. Did you try it?

Anyway, I couldn't reproduce  your problem  here, please let me how to reproduce your issue.

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

lmatte
Contributor II

This is where it all begun: creating a new workspace at a different location and trying to move/export the project.

I will try if I can reproduce it from a clean project, but as I said before, I suspect it's bound to this specific project -- I hoped it was known and there was a fix or a fault point to look for(...)

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luca,

I tested the steps of my first reply I didn't have any problem. I would suggest you test it with a new project also.

If the problem is only in a specific project, I need have a demo project to check with.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos