Converting from CodeWarrior v5.7 to v7.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting from CodeWarrior v5.7 to v7.2

roger_cole
Contributor I

My existing project code compiles without errors with version 5.7. I have download and installed version 7.2 and on first running, the .mcp file gets updated to run with this version. I've attached the output of this process to this message. When I now try and compile I get errors (see second attachment), the first two I believe are a consequence of the mcp file conversion. Please can you give me a pointer on how I can resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Target Processor: MCF5272VM66

0 Kudos
2 Replies

roger_cole
Contributor I

Thanks for your help Mike. I'll try creating a new project in v7.2 and see how I get on.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

CodeWarrior project for version 5.7 is quite different with project for V7.2.

There without any application note to converting related project from V5.7 to V7.2.

The TN268 is about converting project to CodeWarrior ColdFire V7.2 from V7.1

So, I think customer need to create a new project based on CodeWarrior ColdFire V7.2 and porting related code from V5.7.

BTW: ColdFire MCU doesn't recommend for new project/product design. If customer want to design a new product, we could recommend to use ARM based MCU.

Have a great day,
Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos