CodeWarrior will not install with the latest Windows 10 TP, I am getting an MDAC issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior will not install with the latest Windows 10 TP, I am getting an MDAC issue

stevekorber
Contributor I

CodeWarrior had been working on Windows 10 TP until I got pushed the latest update on Friday March 20, 2015. At first CodeWarrior would tell me the library files from my processor were missing so I attempted to reinstall the program. When I tried to install CodeWarrior I was prompted with an MDAC 2.5 sp3 error. Can the MDAC call be taken out of the installer? Any help on how to get around this would be great, thanks.

Here is the error:

21336_21336.png2015-03-23_19-19-31.png

Here is the installer after the error:

21337_21337.png2015-03-23_19-19-48.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior has not been verified on Windows 10 TP.

CodeWarrior v5.1 for HCS12 only supports:

• Microsoft® Windows® XP 32- and 64-bit (Professional Edition)
  • Microsoft Windows Vista® 32- and 64-bit (Business)
  • Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit (Home Premium)
  • Microsoft Windows 7 32- and 64-bit (Professional Edition)
  • Microsoft Windows 7 32- and 64-bit (Home Premium)

The system may have encountered issues when CodeWarrior attempted to access the OBDC files and Microsoft Access driver.

Below is the link on Microsoft for how to reconfigure the MDAC.  However I would suggest running CodeWarrior v5.1 on the above OS.

https://support2.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307255

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos