Code Warrior v. 10.7 Bookmark view gets empty after backup and importation of a project to another workspace

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior v. 10.7 Bookmark view gets empty after backup and importation of a project to another workspace

Jump to solution
MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

My customer ran into a weird problem in Code Warrior v. 10.7: After a project is backed up and imported in another workspace, the bookmark gets empty, all the data inside it is lost.

The same happens if we (physically) remove the project from the workspace and import the backed up project from another directory to another workspace.

He told me that he doesn't use "Project/Export" to back up the project. He just copy and paste from Windows Explorer. Maybe this is a relevant data for you.

The MCU used in the project is a MK12.

If anybody experienced such a problem and can help us...

Thanks and best regards,

Marco Coelho
DFAE - Siletec Eletronica

1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco,

Sorry to reply you late , as to I just got the workaround from development team.

Below are the detail steps:

0. After export and import project.
1. Exit from CW
2. Copy .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\<Project name>\.markers file from old workspace to new workspace.
3. Start CW

Hope it can help.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Marco,

What about your project ? Is it a standalone project  or relevant one ?

Could you please create a simple  new project to have a try ?

And also please take screenshots to show the steps and errors .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Alice,

I just created a new empty project with MK12DN128 and I could reproduce the same problem as the customer.

If you export the project as zipped to any folder and try to open in another workspace, the bookmarks just disappear.

The same occurs if you delete the project from the original workspace and try to reimport it to the same workspace.

I think you can reproduce the same issue on your side, since it is a new empty project.

Anyway, have it attached.

Thanks and best regards,

Marco Coelho

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Marco,

- Frankly speaking, I don't know what do you meaning about "bookmarks",could you please take a screenshot

about it .

- About export project , there is a detail steps about it , I refer to it test on my side, it  can work well.

You can find it under CW : CW MCU v10.7\MCU\Help\PDF\Microcontrollers_FAQ_Guide.pdf ->

4.1.12 I need to share a project without using a version control system. Is there any way to do this?

-About the project you send me , no matter where I past it , it can work well. For example, I place it on

Workspace 4 and Workspace 5, I open it on any workpace, it can work well. Please check the video on my side.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Alice

I think you misunderstood my question. I didn't tell you my project doesn't work anymore if I export to other workspace. Actually, the contents in Bookmarks view simply disappear if I open the project in other workspace.

"Bookmarks" view is about a view that you can add to your project in Code Warrior. This view allows you to bookmark specific lines of your project and once you click it there, it shows you where this line is at.

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Marco Coelho

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco,

Sorry to reply you late , as to I just got the workaround from development team.

Below are the detail steps:

0. After export and import project.
1. Exit from CW
2. Copy .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\<Project name>\.markers file from old workspace to new workspace.
3. Start CW

Hope it can help.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Sorry for the late response, Alice

We couldn't perform the tests suggested before.

Your approach worked perfectly.

Thank you very much!

Marco Coelho

0 Kudos