cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

codewarrior install on windows 7 x64

Jump to solution
craigj
Contributor III

Am I able to install codewarrior (8.8) on my windows 7 x64 machine?

I don't see why not as the installation tree does include 64bit binaries, however when I run the install it craps out when trying to run /C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\ccs\drivers\usb\x64\util

indicating that ....

Error: Cannot run an x86 build of this utility on x64 platform

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Craig,

This error should be encountered during CCS USB driver installation when you install CodeWarrior 8.8 on Windows 7 64 bit machine, please ignore this error and finish the installation, because this CCS driver is useless for Windows 7 system, you need to use the driver provided in Patch 8.8.6 or 8.8.5. In addition, please don't plug in USB TAP during CodeWarrior 8.8 or any patch installation.

If you use CodeWarrior TAP (CodeWarrior TAP|Freescale), please download and apply Patch 8.8.6 from CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC|Freescale.

If you use the old product USB TAP, please download and install Patch 8.8.5 from CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC|Freescale.

So far many customers use CodeWarrior 8.8 on Window 7 x64 system.

For any problem, please feel free to let us know.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
craigj
Contributor III

I just picked up on the application note AN3936 which advocates the use of Windows XP mode under windows 7.

Is this still the suggested way these days?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Craig,

This error should be encountered during CCS USB driver installation when you install CodeWarrior 8.8 on Windows 7 64 bit machine, please ignore this error and finish the installation, because this CCS driver is useless for Windows 7 system, you need to use the driver provided in Patch 8.8.6 or 8.8.5. In addition, please don't plug in USB TAP during CodeWarrior 8.8 or any patch installation.

If you use CodeWarrior TAP (CodeWarrior TAP|Freescale), please download and apply Patch 8.8.6 from CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC|Freescale.

If you use the old product USB TAP, please download and install Patch 8.8.5 from CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC|Freescale.

So far many customers use CodeWarrior 8.8 on Window 7 x64 system.

For any problem, please feel free to let us know.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

craigj
Contributor III

Thanks Yiping

That solved my problems.

0 Kudos