cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update CodeWarrior 4.7

DiamarTech
Contributor II

Hi,

We have Codewarrior 4.7 and I would like to update to the newest codewarrior version. Please, Can you say me which is the best  codewarrior version for hcs12 and hcs12x microcontroller? Now, We are using ubuntu 14.04 and windows 10 compatibility 64 bits. We prefer a compatible ubuntu 14.04 version.

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dimar, 

I'm afraid there is no Linux/Ubuntu version of CW for HC12.

If you want to run it from Linux you need a virtual machine with  windows XP/7 installed.

I'd recommend you to use the latest version CodeWarrior for HCs12x V5.2 since it supports latest Windows 7/8/10 (32/64bits). The only drawback is it supports just a subset of MCUs (see attached release notes)

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=CWX-H12-PROED-EX 

If your derivative is not on the list  I'd recommend you to use previsous version V5.1 which on the other hand does not support Win 8/10.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

DiamarTech
Contributor II

Thank you for the help, Stanislav.

I'm using MCS12DP512 which isn't in the txt list. Does exist a similar list for #cw5.1‌? I have seen the existence of #eclipse plugin, does it works for me?

Sincerily yours,

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In this case I'd recommend to use v5.1 instead. 

See the derivative comparison table v5.1 vs. 5.2 here:

https://community.nxp.com/message/812713 

You can of course use the CodeWarrior build tools for command line (makefile) only and have any other IDE (such as eclipse) for project management/Editor.

See the document here that describes eclipse integration.

Classic - Is it possible (How) to use HCS12 on Eclipse? 

Hope it helps

Stan

0 Kudos

DiamarTech
Contributor II

Hi Stanislav,

So, what's the diference between #cw5.1‌ and #eclipse plugin‌? Is  #eclipse plugin‌ totally funcional or is it only a complement for #codewarrrior ? #eclipse plugin‌ works on ubuntu?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

RodneyMcGee
Contributor IV

Forget about the eclipse plugin. There is no advantage to use that, it's mainly just a way to use eclipse as your text editor (no full functions). Linux support is possible, but only with third party compilers for S12. If you are a CodeWarrior user, this will not be an easy transition. Debugging, code compatibility, and behavior will be not be the same.  

My advice, for simplicity, is to just install CW 5.2 Classic and follow these steps to add support for the MCS12DP512.

How-to Add missing derivatives to CodeWarrior Classic HCS12(X) 5.2 (Unofficial Method) 

By the way, what type of programmer/BDM do you use? 

0 Kudos

DiamarTech
Contributor II

Thanks for your answer Rodney.

We use nowadays P&E HCS12/2HCS08 Multilink (PE310150)

0 Kudos