Is there a free version of CodeWarrior available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a free version of CodeWarrior available?

Jump to solution
bpaehr
Contributor IV

In the past, I believe the CodeWarrior Studio was available at no cost to developers if their code size was, say, 64K or less. I plan to use an MC9S08QB8 device in a new project, which has at most 8KBytes of program memory.  Is such a version still available?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello BOB,

Sorry the last massage (i have delete) i send by mistake.

Yes, after you download the CW10.6.4, you can use it permanent by free ,

the 30 days meaning the evaluation license, you do not need care it .

For the Special license if free for permanent .

Hope  it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 Replies
bpaehr
Contributor IV

Alice:

Here is a copy of the reminder (from today) which comes up EVERY TIME  I run the debugger after changing something in my source file (not "once every day" like the reminder says):

Expiring License Notification 160503.jpg

And, it's OK to put the 3 lines of text from my license.dat file here in this thread for anyone to see?

Bob

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Helo BOB,

The "Professional" license in not free, so it have the reminder.

About the free license , you just need delete this professional license file "license.dat"(...\CW MCU v10.6\MCU),

the default version is Special version .

Hope it helps

Alice

bpaehr
Contributor IV

Thank you, Alice. That did the trick. Deleted the license.dat file. Now I no longer get the warnings.

0 Kudos
bpaehr
Contributor IV

Just want to be sure that my CodeWarrior 10.6.4 will not all of a sudden stop working on May 9, 2016 ...

I keep getting reminders that my license is about to expire (on May 8th).  Will I still be able to use the software after this expiration, or do I need to do something to get a permanent or extended FREE license, as mentioned in the reminders?

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bob,

Please take a screenshot about the remainder , and under the folder of CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU ,

does it have the one "license.dat" file ? If yes, please show me .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello BOB,

Yes, you can use the CW10.6.4, the Specail Editions is free,

pastedImage_0.png

You can download it at here CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

bpaehr
Contributor IV

Alice:

Thank you for that link. After much ado, (Admin rights issues), I was able to get that version installed.

When I checked "Freescale Licenses" in the Help Menu, it says that for the "CodeWarrior for MCU", Version "10.6.4.FSL_...", that the License is expiring in 30 days.  Not sure if this is really true, or do I need to do something else to make it permanent?  Again, I will only be developing for the MC9S08QB8 device, which has a maximum of 8KBytes (less than the 64K Limit).  Is there a license version that can be appended to this installation that makes it permanent and still keeps the 64K maximum limit in force?

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello BOB,

Sorry the last massage (i have delete) i send by mistake.

Yes, after you download the CW10.6.4, you can use it permanent by free ,

the 30 days meaning the evaluation license, you do not need care it .

For the Special license if free for permanent .

Hope  it helps

Have a great day,
Alice