How do I obtain CodeWarrior 5.6?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I obtain CodeWarrior 5.6?

jerry_rubinow
Contributor I

One of our sites is using CodeWarrior 5.6 to compile ColdFire 5235 firmware.  We want to setup an automated build at another site.  How would we go about purchasing and downloading this obsolete version of CodeWarrior?  I tried downloading an eval copy of CodeWarrior 7.2, but that is 32bit OS only, and we are running 64bit OSes (Windows 10).  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

CodeWarrior for Coldfire v7.2 can't support 64bit win7. Neither any other older CodeWarrior versions.

Only CW eclipse can support ColdFire on 64bit platform.

Please download it here

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t... 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jerry_rubinow
Contributor I

There is too much risk in our development schedule to upgrade to a newer compiler and retest everything, so using the Eclipse-based platform is not an option.

It is simply not true that 64bit OS is unsupported in 5.6.  Yes, the 7.2 installer will refuse to install on a 64-bit OS.  However, when I did a test with the installer for 5.6 that our other site is using, it had no problem installing under Windows 10 64bit and compiling the source code.  

Obviously we don't want to use the compiler without a license, and the install I did try will stop working after 30 days anyway.  So let me ask my original question again: is it possible to purchase a license for 5.6?

Thank you,

Jerry

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry,

There is no CW5.6 license available for download, the oldest license available is CW6.0. Normally CW license is backwards compatible, thus CW6.0 license also support CW5.6.

But the key problem is that the old version driver can't support new windows system.

Can your CW5.6 connect coldfire board on 64bit win7? Have you test it already?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jerry_rubinow
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

Thanks for the info.  How would I go about getting a CW6.0 license?  We are not using the coldfire connect support of the IDE in 5.6.  We are just using it to compile firmware, not to debug, emulate or run on an actual board.  It is not ideal and in the future we will upgrade.  But for now, we need an automated build that can perform the compilation using a licensed installation of CW 5.6. 

Thanks,

Jerry

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry

I just made a video to show how to download CW6.0 license from my side. see attached

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

jerry_rubinow
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

I don't think you attached the correct video.  The one you attached shows importing an SDK into an existing project.  I want to know where I need to go on the web site in order to purchase a license for version 6.0.

Thanks,

Jerry

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry,.

Sorry, please see attached.

At the end of this video, click on "License Keys" to download the license.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

jerry_rubinow
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

When I go to that page, I only see the products for which I downloaded an evaluation copy (see attached screen shot).  I do not see the "NXP Software" link.

Thanks,

Jerry

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry

Normal This is because you never purchase a license. Thus you can only download evaluation license.

click on "previous" button to see if there is CW6.x for Coldfire evaluation license, if not, try CW7.2 evaluation license.

You can create a private case to NXP support team to request an evaluation license for your version of CW.

But the perpetual license is not free, we need purchase.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos