FLASH Mem support using the CW flash programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH Mem support using the CW flash programmer

nanoGeek
Contributor I
Has anyone had any luck at adding a flash device to the FPDeviceConfig.xml file for the CW flash programmer?  I am trying to add the Spansion S29PL127J without success (the programmer generally hangs if I try to pgm or erase).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

An
Contributor I

I had been able to add a NAND flash device (Samsung K9F1208U0C) to the FPDeviceConfig.xml file for the CW flash programmer.  It took some translation of the flash's configuration (block size, etc.) into the sector start/stop address in the FPDeviceConfig.xml file.  In my case, I needed to define in the file 4096 block.  The other place where you could get stuck is have the correct Flash utility driver for your chip.  In my case, Freescale's already packaged in the CW tree (.... /Initialization Files/.. PQ2) the driver files that I need ( K9F5608x0D.elf and K9F5608x0D_utility.elf) which I also need to specify in the FPDeviceConfig.xml file.

Anthony

0 Kudos

cooter
Contributor I
Hi,

I am also trying to implement the Spansion S29PL128 in the CW flash programmer or in CFFLasher.  I made several attempts to get CFFlasher to work with a modified config and algorighm with no success.

I didn't attempt to edit the FPDeviceConfig.xml because it looks like I need to also generate a .elf file to go along with the new configuration. If I open the elf.mcp files nothing shows up in codewarrior.

Any help on where to get config files or how to implement a new flash part using CW flash programmer or CFFlasher would be great.

Thanks,
Cooter 
0 Kudos

timotay01
Contributor I
I have the same question we're looking to program TC58FVT160FT or STM29W160ET but neither are in the list for CodeWarrior v6.1.
Does anyone know if other versions have more support for more parts than the small list of 23 that are in v6.1?
0 Kudos

timotay01
Contributor I
0 Kudos