Codewarrior V6.2 Special edition not installing on Windows 7 64-bit!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior V6.2 Special edition not installing on Windows 7 64-bit!

Jump to solution
karthick1987
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am getting the following error message when I install codewarrior V6.2 SE onto my windows 7 64-bit computer. Cam someone suggest a fix or point out whats missing here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
buckeyeman
Contributor III

Sadly, those older versions of CW run only on 32-bit hosts. You need a 10.x version, my experinece has demonstrated that. Freescale came late to the party regarding 64-bit host OS support, IMHO. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
buckeyeman
Contributor III

Sadly, those older versions of CW run only on 32-bit hosts. You need a 10.x version, my experinece has demonstrated that. Freescale came late to the party regarding 64-bit host OS support, IMHO. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
karthick1987
Contributor II

Thanks for that buckeyeman! Its a shame they dont work with 64-bit OS. I have windows 7 64 bit installed :smileysad:

0 Kudos
buckeyeman
Contributor III

There is another solution, a rather awkward and kind of a PITA one, and that is to install a virtual machine such as VMWARE on your 64-bit host, then inside of that install your old 32-bit OS, then inside of that install your old version of CW. Set it up so that the host system resources are visible within the 32-bit OS, then you can run the old CW and communicate with your Freescale target hardware. I tried that once, and I thought it it just kind of buggered things up with regard to the target development process. Good luck!

0 Kudos