Codewarrior DSP86800 R7.3 = where do I get license.dat file???? Where are Metrowerks experts??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior DSP86800 R7.3 = where do I get license.dat file???? Where are Metrowerks experts??

offgrid
Contributor III

I loaded CW for DSP86800 R7.0 from a DEMO56F8014 dev kit CD, all went ok.
Then I tried every way I know (I am an experience developer and an experienced Mot/Freescaler too) to get the necessary R7.3 update to run the USB-TAP, needed since I develop on a Dell laptop and most new laptops have NO parallel port!!
I needed help from this list (thanks Crazy Kat)and got it quite promply thank you very much, on where to obtain the elusive file.

WHen building a LED sample project in CW, I get the error messages shown below... (at bottom)

So now I simply need to register the product and get my license.dat file. I have tried the auto register feature in CW, and it tells me the Metrowerks server is down and I should "try again later". I suspect the server no longer exists and the new one is at Freescale right?

For two days now, I have tried to manually send register@Freescale (and register@Metrowerks just in case) the text file containing registration info, which is generated by MW, with no avail.

Does anyone know the secret to getting a license.dat file these days??

I have attached the file in case help can be found locally!!!!

I have used CW for HC08 now for maybe 4 years with no problem, and now when I try to use the tools, I fear there is no one there. Where is the old MW crew!!!??? Please come back!!

NOTE = ERRORS SHOWN IN MW on building project....

Error : Unable to use the plugin "Metrowerks M56800E C Compiler". It is licensed and a valid license key was not found.
Future license file format or misspelling in license file
The file was issued for a later version of FLEXlm than this
program understands.
Feature: Win32_Plugins_DSP56800_Full
License text: 0335B9E8897F\ VENDOR_STRING="Dummy key for placeholder" HOSTID=ANY
License path: C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\license.dat
FLEXlm error: -90,313
For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
available at "www.macrovision.com".

Error : Unable to use the plugin "M56800E Assembler". It is licensed and a valid license key was not found.
program understands.
License text: 0335B9E8897F\ VENDOR_STRING="Dummy key for placeholder" HOSTID=ANY

Error : Unable to use the plugin "M56800E Assembler". It is licensed and a valid license key was not found.
program understands.

Error : Unable to use the plugin "Metrowerks M56800E C Compiler". It is licensed and a valid license key was not found.
program understands.

program understands.

program understands.

program understands.

program understands.

program understands.

program understands.

program understands.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

!

Are you using floating license?  Please follow the instructions in this document to download and install floating license.

http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/user_guide/CW_FLOA_LICEN_UG.pdf

Regarding to the USBTAP problem, if you are using CW7.0, you need to update it to CW7.3 in order to use USBTAP. What’s more, if your USBTAP is the new type one which is ROHS compliant, you also need to install a driver patch after updating your tool to CW7.3.

CW7.3 can be downloaded from:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_UPDATES_DSC

USBTAP update can be downloaded here:

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!

Have a great day,
Fiona

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Have a great day,
Fiona

0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V

(I also apologize about the licensing problems. Let me know if you are able to install the license file successfully.)

About the USBTAP problems: please describe them in detail. What problems do you have, exactly?

Marc.

0 Kudos

dcogley
Contributor I

If you are able to get the USB TAP to work be sure to let us in on the secret.  I have been waiting for a response from Freescale support as to why I can't get my USB TAP to work.

Thanks

0 Kudos

offgrid
Contributor III
Had to open a service request to get their attention...The explanation and I quote "Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We are undergoing the implementation of many improvements within our Licensing Department. Thank you so much for your patience."

Not impressed, but I do have the latest version AND the license file now!! Now If I could just get USB TAP to work with CW!!!

Tim
0 Kudos