CodeWarrior Development Suite and annual Technical Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior Development Suite and annual Technical Support

Sten
Contributor IV
I own, since about two years ago, a CodeWarrior Professional for HCS12(X) v. 4.5. I now have got an email from Freescale telling me that my product has been updated to a CodeWarrior Professional Suite - Perpetual, and this sounds great! Just want to ensure that I have understood it correctly; I now can download and licence any CodeWarrior package, for free?

What about the annual Technical Support, earlier I had to buy one every year to be entitled to technical support and it also gave me a right to a 70% discount if/when I wanted to buy a newer version of the product. Now the email I got told me that I get "Easily access updated CodeWarrior product versions, again for FREE"; does this mean that I will automatically be entitled to any new versions of CodeWarrior coming, without buing the annual Technical Support?

Perhaps the answers to my questions would have been somewhere on the Freescale websites, but I did not find them.

Sten

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

help
Contributor I

Hi,
I have already Installed CW and NitroSDK on my System. And I can run all existing project. I can also create new stationary c /c++ project (default when click on new ) and I can run it.

By Problem is that I can not load a Background, Character, Animated Character in my new project. So what is the procedure for loading a bg, character, from existinf Image. What is the source code for loading these. So please anyone help me by giving a simple graphics project with proper functional documentation as:

---How to load a existing image?
---For loading image what is the image format/ converting procedure??
--- How to locate library file?
---what library file are needed?
---What is the procedure of loading library file?
etc.
Please help me immediately. Please.
0 Kudos

ubhims
Contributor I
0 Kudos

Sten
Contributor IV
Thanks ubhims, for the link! If I understood the information correctly I will be entitled to all CodeWarrior products and upgrades to latest versions as long as I pay for the annual Technical Support?

Sten

0 Kudos

ubhims
Contributor I
Sten:
The Professional Suite is the top most suite among all the CodeWarrior Development Suites. See http://www.freescale.com/CodeWarriorSuites for a list of all the CodeWarrior products that you have access to.

See CodeWarrior Development Suite Quick Start Guide for detailed instructions on how you can download, install and license any or all the CodeWarrior products in your entitled suite.

Your Technical Support Certificate (included in the Suite Quick Start Guide) clearly mentions what all benefits you get with continuous renewal of your support and maintenance subscription.

-Mandeep

0 Kudos

Luigi
Contributor III

No, it really doesn't very much.  And I had the same confusion when I recently got an email from them for my HCS08 C compiler.  All it told me was that I now had a Development Suite: "This email is to inform you that this product has been converted to a CodeWarrior Development Suite as part of a larger pricing and packaging initiative that is revolutionizing the way we are offering CodeWarrior products and enabling Freescale technology."
OK, great so what do I need to do if anything?  Then there was this part in the email, "Keep this Entitlement ID for your records going forward. You should be able to login to 'My Freescale' at http://www.freescale.com and select 'CodeWarrior Licensing' and locate your new Development Suite."  Locate it?  Then what?  When I went to see if I should download something, it offers me the "opportunity" to upgrade, but they don't say it's for free.  Maybe it is, it's just not clear.  Why can't they just write some clear instructions?  Frustrating.

Lou
0 Kudos

ubhims
Contributor I
Lou:

Each CodeWarrior Development Suite bundles a number of individual CodeWarrior products. The entitlement to a particular suite lets you use any (or all) of the individual CodeWarrior products bundled in that suite (without any extra cost).

For example, entitlement to Standard Suite lets you download, install and license about 7 CodeWarrior products. See http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=0127262E703BC5 for complete list of CodeWarrior products under Standard (and all other) suites.

If you would rather not use additional CodeWarrior products offered in your suite entitlement, you do not need to do anything. However, it is strongly recommended that you register your entitled suite (instructions are available in CodeWarrior Development Suite Quick Start Guide).

If you would like to use additional CodeWarrior products offered in your suite entitlement, follow all the instructions in CodeWarrior Development Suite Quick Start Guide.

You can find CodeWarrior Development Suite Quick Start Guide by searching for CW-SUITE-QS on www.freescale.com.

Please note that CodeWarrior Development Suite Quick Start Guide is different from CodeWarrior Suite Quick Reference Guide

-Mandeep
0 Kudos