cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access CodeWarrior 6.3 from Windows Remote Desktop Connection

ronedwards
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have 3 versions of CodeWarrior for Coldfire running on Windows XP. The versions are CW 4.0, 6.3 and 7.2. We need to use all 3 versions in support of specific products.They all work fine when I am sitting in front of the Windows XP computer.

My issue is that CW 6.3 does not work from my Windows 7 laptop, when I make a Remote Desktop Connection to the Windows XP computer (yet 3.0 and 7.2 work fine via Remote). Yet if I sit in front of the XP machine, then CW 6.3 works as expected.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please open your license file of CW6.3 and check whether TS_OK is not included in the license code. Or please upload your license file. Thanks!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gfortanely
Contributor I

Hi,

I did not find TS_OK in my C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V6.3\license.dat.

I do not know how to upload the license.dat file, but if you provide me with instructions then I will try.

Bye

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gene,

in addition to Fiona ...

CW for Coldfire V6.3, it's an old version released 10 years ago (2006).

To use a tool in remote connection, the TS_OK keyword must be present on all features included in the license file.

Unfortunately we got some problems with the web license system for old versions and we need to correct and re-encrypt manually the license file.

Please provide us the license file you're using when you log the problem in the data base.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

gfortanely
Contributor I

Hi,

I attached my license.dat file to Case 00065530.

Thanks,

Gene

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gene,

Just send you an email with new license file.

Pascal

0 Kudos

gfortanely
Contributor I

Hi,

The new license.dat file you sent me works. I am now able to use Windows RDP to access a remote machine and run CW 6.3 on it. I opened a CW project, started the debugger, ran to a breakpoint, and stepped past the breakpoint.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gene

Please submit your case online and attach your license file. Our license will generate a license with terminal server support for you. Below are the steps to submit this case:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

0 Kudos