use DEMO9S08AW60 as poor man's P&E device programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use DEMO9S08AW60 as poor man's P&E device programmer

irob
Contributor V

Title explains it all.  But I have a strange observation.  With my DEMO9S08QG8 board, I can successfully use its BDM header to program other QG8 device target boards.  Of course, I have removed the DEMO board's QG8 MCU first.  I'm using the P&E programming software, PROGHCS08 Programmer v1.37.

Repeat the same steps with my DEMO9S08AW60 board, remove it's AW60 MCU, BDM header J32 out to my target QG8 board, but I get no sync.

I've read elsewhere about the voltage on the BDM header's pin 6.  On the DEMO9S08QG8, pin 6 is open circuit.  On the DEMO9S08AW60, pin 6 is connected to VDD, which is selectable on W2 for 5V or 3V.  Leaving that jumper off completely, I measure 0.9V (a diode drop I presume) .  But even that doesn't allow me to communicate with a QG8 target board.

Feels like I'm missing something really obvious.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

irob
Contributor V

Nevermind, everyone.  Peg turned me onto https://community.freescale.com/message/49272#49272 to hack some DLLs.  The DEMO9S08AW60 now functions as a multi-device BDM programmer under a CW 6.3 installation with these downgraded DLLs.

0 Kudos