cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiwave.exe

santhu
Contributor I
hi
  I have one question with all.I'm using Codewarrior tool.Can you tell me what is hiwave.exe.where it is used.

With regards
       santhosh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

chethankumar
Contributor III

Hi

Is it possible to download HiWave.exe file directly? If yes Can anyone give me the link

Thnks and regards

CK

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if we already have .abs or .s19 file, we can also use  Codewarrior to program big burn file into flash. This tool is called hiwave.exe. Thus, you needn’t purchase the license but can use free edition program flash. The method is as below: 1.  Install Codewarrior. 2.  make sure the hardware is well connected with PC. 3.  open Hiwave debugger “Hiwave.exe” in {Your CW install directory}\prog 4.  then in debugger, go to menu “component”, “set connection…”. In new pop-up small dialog, in the dropdown list, select HC08 and P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro. Click OK to close this dialog. 5.  go to menu “MultilinkCyclonePro”, “device”, select the right device chip. 6.  go to menu “MultilinkCyclonePro”, “connect”, Set the right connection. 7.  go to menu “File”, “Load application…”. Import the .s19 file into debugger. You could have a browse the content at the memory window of the debugger, it should be in coincidence with the s-record file. 8.  Press F5 to run. The code should download into the flash. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

chethankumar
Contributor III

Thank you Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
HI Santhosh,

Hiwave.exe is Simulator/Debugger Build Tool for HC08 MCU.

Regards,
Adrian
0 Kudos

santhu
Contributor I
hi Adrian,
     Thank you for your suggestion,can you tell me in detail regarding

1. Is there is any relationship between HCSO8 MCU and hiwave.exe.if they related then tell me how?.
   2. Is hiwave.exe is same as the BDM (USB HCS08/HCS12 MULTILINK) which is usd for HCS08 MCU.

With regards
      santhu
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Santhu,

Hiwave.exe is a software component of the software package Codewarrior.
If you run Codewarrior for 8-bit and then click on the "little green bug" this will launch "True-Time Simulator & Real_Time Debugger". This IS hiwave!
You can launch it directly, the file hiwave.exe can be found in the progs directory under the directory which Codewarrior was installed to.
From within hiwave you can direct yet more software components to assist with communicating to the target via your BDM adapter of choice. One of the most popular BDM adapters is the USB Multilink from P&E Micro.
Yes it is complicated!

0 Kudos