free components

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free components

oscarm
Contributor I
hi, i want to know if the microcontrollers that freescale gave for free, got problems with the flash, because a got a code that works in a microcontroller that i had bought, but with the one that i ask for free the same code doesn't work
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

GTE
Contributor I
OMG So much troubles for a single sample, maybe you just get wrong with the description of each part or maybe if you aren't wrong   with the numbers or the code of the sample, you just don't have care wwith the electrostatic, remember that when your resistance is greater in your skin, you'll be more dangerous for the CMOS components..
0 Kudos

Ake
Contributor II
Hi,
The samples that are given away, are taken from the normal production. So there is absolutly no scrap parts.
If you got a sample part that is marked PCxxxx instead of MCxxxx then you have got a prototype part.
These part are not guaranteed to work because the come from an early test lot.
But those parts are given to selected customers and should not have been given away to anyone else.

If you look at the IC there is the wafer fabrication code which tells about the die inside .
If you then compare it with the error report at
and then lookup your particular MCU, look at error reports and you can see if there is any kind of problem with your part.

Regards,
Ake
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
"
These part are not guaranteed to work because the come from an early test lot.
But those parts are given to selected customers and should not have been given away to anyone else.
 "
Actually, that is not true. I have PC samples that I have just gotten as "public" off the web site and I have purchased PC parts (they were of course labeled PC).

I f you look here you will see what I mean. And if you look here you will see them for sale.

While some PC lots never see the light of day, most PC parts are fine and will have errata. It is true that some items in the data sheet will be marked TBD, because they are not sure yet of min/.typ/max value, Some parts never even make it to MC, I guess because nobody bought any.

0 Kudos

UK_CF_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi Oscar M,

Maybe we did not answer your question?

The sample devices that you obtained from the website free-of-charge come from the same stock that you would buy from a distributor. I guarantee that we are not giving away faulty devices.

You do not say if the parts that you got were marked "PC" or "MC", but your description of your problem was "the same code does not work".

It would be helpful if you can tell us the following information:
1) Full part number of "working device"
2) Full part number of "not working device"
3) Maskset number on both devices - this should be a 5character number etched onto the device, eg 1M40L
4) More full description of the problem.

I'm guessing that you have an "A" vs a non-A silicon problem.

Good luck,

Mark
0 Kudos

UK_CF_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
HI Oscar,

The next post I looked at was from you, too.

You said:
"hi, i'm using a mc9s08gt60a "

Are you sure that the samples that you have working/not working are both GT60A's. Sometimes engineers like you and me get mixed up and use GT60-non-A by mistake.

Mark 
0 Kudos

Rodo55
Contributor I
I received some free samples for testing and the ones I got work just fine. I can't tell any difference between the samples and the ones I purchased.

Rodo
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Are they the same mask set?
Of course samples are that same as you would buy given identical mask sets.
Those whose part number begins with PC are pre-production, but should work just as well, but could have a different errata,

0 Kudos