cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zigbee Newbie

toffer
Contributor I
hi,
      i am just new to this area. i just want to ask for any advice to what materials/manuals to read regarding zigbee. i am also constructing my own hardware though i have already with me a 13192SARD. my end goal is for my own hardware to communicate with the SARD. any response would be great! thanks ahead.

toffer 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

toffer
Contributor I
hi mads,

thanks for the reply. ok, i will explore the benefits of the BeeKit tool as well as the CodeWarrior IDE. i will just give you updates on my project as well as asking questions to problems that i will encounter during the process. thanks again.

best regards,
toffer 
0 Kudos

toffer
Contributor I
hi adrian,

thanks for the reply! i have already downloaded a BeeKit trial version as well as Codewarrior IDE in your website. i just noticed that all of the hardware used in BeeKit are Freescale's. i am just wondering if it would be possible to use the supplied codebases for my own customized hardware? 

reagrds,
toffer
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Hi Toffer,

the BeeStack and MACPHY codebases contains a Platform editor that allows you to configure your own hardware. Just select the "User defined Target configuration.

For the SMAC you need to modify the source code, but it is quite simple.

BR,
Mads
0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Toffer,

The following is a list of required hardware and software, for starting a ZigBee project:
• The BeeKit installer package which can be downloaded from Freescale at the following URL: www.freescale.com/zigbee. BeeKit includes an unlimited use license for the SMAC and 802.15.4 codebases, also includes a 90-day evaluation of Freescale's BeeStack™ ZigBee codebase. For BeeStack, a single user license and floating license may be purchased.
• CodeWarrior Development Studio for Freescale HC(S)08 Microcontrollers, Version 6.1 or later (Full License) (Requires 60K upgrade for 802.15.4 and BeeStack).
• USB HCS08/HCS12 Multilink BDM from P&E Microcomputer Systems, Inc. BDM is used for download the project into the boards.

After installing BeeKit, you can find a lot of documentations in \BeeKit Documentation folder. Also, it is recommended to download ZigBee Specifications from www.zigbee.org

Regards,
Adrian

0 Kudos