cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZStar turning itself off?

GRoston
Contributor I

All,

I am doing some experiments with a ZStar board. These involve capturing data for a 'long' period of time, where 'long' is defined to be on the order of 6-12 hours. On numerous occasions, i.e., just about every experiment I have run, the ZStar board (accelerometer) turns itself off. Seriously! The problem is not the battery - I have tried using a brand new one, nor is it board specific - I have seen this behavior with two different boards.

This problem is causing me great grief - it ruins my experiment. Has anyone else observed this behavior? More importantly, can anyone suggest a method for fixing this problem?

FYI: After initialization, the only command used is V - to request data.

Message Edited by GRoston on 2008-05-22 04:29 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

cteixeira
Contributor I

Hi, happens the same to me!

I already try change the battery, with more power, and with Zstar3 GUI it is possible stay more time making aquisitions...I just put a house for a AAA battery with a 3.3V regulator.

With my own applications communicating though serial port.... and only sending V commands... few time the sensor board stay alive...after some minutes, shutdown.

0 Kudos

cteixeira
Contributor I

Ok, for your BIG problem... the answer is... in 25 in 25 seconds send a command Y to the USB stick... he will reset the timer to turn OFF the communication!

:smileywink:  the problem and power of the original battery, i think isn't problem at least in normal and quiet enviroment! I will test this in some place lot of noise... but sincerely i think everything is OK... just the problem of "Y" command.

0 Kudos

CireQptsc
Contributor I

How can I send "Y" command using the ZSTAR PC librairie?

Thanks

0 Kudos