Where can AN3942SW.zip be downloaded?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can AN3942SW.zip be downloaded?

jgros
Contributor I

Can someone please provide a download link or share the DoOnStack software package that comes with AN3942 "Flash Programming Routines for the HCS08 and ColdFire (V1) Devices"?

I cannot find the download link anywhere. The only references I see are questions posted to this forum asking for the package.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hello Jeff, I'll send this file directly to you.

Thanks!
0 Kudos

jgros
Contributor I

Did you send it? I don't see anything in my private messages folder.

0 Kudos

Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, it has been sent to your email address linked to your account. Please, check your inbox email.

0 Kudos

jgros
Contributor I

Sorry. I don't see it. Could you please try sending it as a private message?

0 Kudos

Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Done
0 Kudos

jgros
Contributor I

I see it. Thanks!

0 Kudos

jgros
Contributor I

Or maybe just attach it to this post? I don't see why it has to be sent privatly. It is a zip that anyone using the application note needs. And it is apparently being shared with everyone who asks for it.

0 Kudos

jgros
Contributor I

Prior to asking for the zip, I stumbled across several posts asking for the file and the response being that the file was sent privately. There seems to be some hesitation on sharing this file publicly. I don't know why this is. I would argue that none of these queries were 'solved' if the zip is not publicly available via a simple download link. But I will respect this and not share it publicly myself.

I understand this will be disheartening for anyone frantically looking for the zip and who is unable to wait for the turnaround time. However, I can tell you that the information is publicly available elsewhere.

I was able to get enough of the erase/write assembly code by copying from the application note pdf. It doesn't have the single byte write, but burst write is good enough. But what the app note pdf was missing was the critical 'doonstack' function that copied from flash to ram.

I found this function displayed as a grainy jpeg on embedded.com, in an article from 2006. I got it working by sharpening the image, and hand typing the function. Once I got the zip I confirmed the code matched.

doonstack function: media-1042880-sibigfigure2.jpg (425×510) (embedded.com)

article: Tutorial: On-chip MCU debug and the end of the (off-chip) ICE Age - Embedded.com

0 Kudos

Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Right, as you already confirmed, this information seems to be available in 3rd party websites. However, many information related to old parts for 8 and 16 bits are no longer supported such as this zip file. Therefore, I cannot tell that this is fully restricted, however, I was told to share this file privately due NXP policies at the website and the community forum.

Thanks for your understanding!

0 Kudos

jgros
Contributor I

Understood. Thanks for sending the zip. It was very helpful.

0 Kudos