What's the difference between the MC13213 and MC13214?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

What's the difference between the MC13213 and MC13214?

2,147 次查看
Nevo
Contributor I
I honestly can't tell from Freescale's documentation.
标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
3 回复数

538 次查看
NLFSJ
Contributor III
I also forgot to mention, that when the BeeStack does become available, it will be offered as a 90-day, no charge, evaluation version with the hardware development tool kits.  The 90-day evaluation copy will also be downloadable from www.freescale.com/zigbee at no charge for all customers, but will be beneficial for customers who have previously purchased hardware development tools.
0 项奖励
回复

538 次查看
Nevo
Contributor I
Woo hoo!

This single post answered virtually all of my questions about implementing ZigBee on Freescale products.

Thank you!
0 项奖励
回复

538 次查看
NLFSJ
Contributor III

The MC13213 and MC13214 are both 60K flash MCU plus radio.

The MC13214 will not be sold to new customers or for new designs.  The MC13214 will only be sold to customers who have done their design in the past using the Figure 8 Z-Stack.  Figure 8 was purchased by Chipcon in 2006 and Chipcon was later purchased by TI in 2006.

The Z-Stack is separate licensable software; however, it can no longer (as of Aug 4, 2006) be licensed/sold to customers by FSL per our Z-Stack close-out contract/agreement with TI.  However, some customers used the Z-Stack to design their FSL ZigBee solutions and are now ready to go to production.  To support these customers and comply with our contract with TI (Chipcon/Figure8), we are required to charge a per unit royalty for each MC13214 shipped.  This per unit royalty is included in our MC13214 pricing.

When BeeStack is available in late Jan 2007 or early Feb 2007, the device which can be used with the BeeStack will be the MC13213.  The MC13213 may also be used with any SMAC or 802.15.4 MAC design that requires 60K memory.  FSL will not charge a per unit royalty for use of the BeeStack when used on the MC13213.  The BeeStack is licensable software, where customers will pay a one time per architecture (HCS08 or ColdFire) price ($995 single node, $1495 floating license).  This one time license fee will cover all the designs the customer ever does in that architecture.  This is an excellent deal as the FSL stack is less than the F8 stack and customers don't have to pay a royalty--this puts us in a good position against one of our major competitors, TI.  

0 项奖励
回复