cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sleep current of Maxstream XBeePro modules-MC13193, MC9S08GT60

mou
Contributor III
Hi,
I am facing a problem with Maxstream XBeePro modules(MC13193  and MC9S08GT60) as mentioned below.
I am getting the following sleep currents for XBee and XBeePro modules,
using (Stop3 + Hibernate) mode in applications developed using 802.15.4 Codebase of Beekit--

XBee - 0.279mA
XBeePro ~ 5.5mA

Here I am implementing the  cyclic sleep method.
XBeePro modules are not supposed to achieve their max. output power using the application codes of Beekit 802.15.4 codebase.
As a result, they are not supposed to consume so much power, as compared to XBee modules, during sleep mode.
Can anyone please help me in this regard and let me know the reason for this and also how can we make the XBeePro modules consume less power during the cyclic sleep mode?I need this information urgently.

Thanks and Regards,
Mou
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Mads
Contributor V
Hi mou,

I would recommend that you ask this to Mastream's support as they are the appropiate experts to ask as they got the knowlegde on how the module are "wired"..

Use the following URL for requesting support on the XbeePro modules:

Br,
Mads
0 Kudos

mou
Contributor III
HI Mads,
I have already done so.They have given me the following reply--
"When developing your own custom application to operate on the XBee, our support is limited to the Code Development Documentation listed on our web site. Any specific question you have with respect to developing code will need to be directed to FreeScale at www.freescale.com."
So, I need to know whether you can help me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,
Mou
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Mou,

As this module is not a freescale module i do not have either the module or schematic available.
I can only give you recommendations to how to find the "sinner".

typically there power is supplied to different sections of the module. e.g the CPU, RF part, e.g the PA and LNA.
you need to find out which device is "active" during sleep. One example could be that it might not be possible to actually turn off the power for the PA or LNA, or that you do not set the correct port pin for turning in off.

Br,
Mads

0 Kudos