POLL: anyone using the 802.15.4 MAC/PHY Library?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POLL: anyone using the 802.15.4 MAC/PHY Library?

Marc
Contributor I
Is anyone using the Freescale 802.15.4 MAC/PHY Library? If so, have you had success using it, have you encountered problems?

Just trying to get a feeling of how used the library is and what are people's experiences with it.

Thanks
Marc
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lex4098
Contributor III
I use 802.15.4

I built a small beaconed tree network.

My problem is Low power: there is no much documentation.
Methods PWR... and PWRLib_.. don't seem to work fine.
It is not explained how to obtain syncrhonization and sleep time.

Thanks for any help
0 Kudos

ericgregori
Contributor I
I am using the library.

I have written various sensor networks using it, and have added Cluster tree and mesh network layers.

I also have a significantly simpler power library.

Let me know if you need anything.

847 651 1971
0 Kudos

UdovdM
Contributor I
Is it correct that SMAC does not implement the IEEE 802.15.4 MAC layer, but the Freescale 802.15.4 MAC/PHY Libraries do?

So with SMAC all messages are send to anyone, without address, sequence number or CRC.

I can't find any files that are used to both SMAC and MyWirelessApp.
They even have different SCI/UART routines.
Why?

Please also look at:
Tree or Mesh network demo?

Regards,

Udo

13192-SARD (MC9S08GT60 + MC13192); CodeWarrior HC08 SE 3.1 ; PEMicro USB HCS08 Multilink
0 Kudos

strikecity
Contributor I
Yes, you're correct that SMAC doesn't implement the 802.15.4 MAC. In fact, that's the whole point of the SMAC, it's a more compact less feature rich MAC. It's all about choosing the stack with the appropriate horsepower for your application. SMAC is a quick and dirty MAC and PHY interface. 802.15.4 adds more communications tools, but you're responsible for NWK management. Finally, ZigBee (BeeStack) will manage your PHY, MAC, and NWK layers for you.
0 Kudos

magic
Contributor I
Hi there...

I'm using this library. In fact the latest version 1.063. I'm using in conjunction with the My_App_Wireless.mcp prject. One thing that I would like to know is the clock resolution used. The recommended function is Timer_Get() which returns a numeric value which represents certain clock timing. For example, if value 1 is returned, it is approx. 4 ms while value 2 represents approx. 8 ms. I find this resolution too large. How would I return the timing value, say 5 ms, 6 ms, 6.54 ms, etc? is there a way to reduce the resolution? say every tick is approx. 1 ms or less? I'm a complete noob in hardware programming but familiar withthe mcp project.

i found out that using TPM2 would be an option. However again I'm not sure how. is there a source code/guide to assist me?

other than that I'm quite happy with the library.

Thank you

Message Edited by magic on 2006-08-30 02:45 AM

0 Kudos

UK_CF_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi, yes I'm using the 802.15.4 library, and it's giving good results. Flash up the board with the embedded bootloader, then use this to flash the Protocol Test Client (look for a binary image S19 file with the acronym PTC in the filename). You can then use the TestTool that ships with the EVK_4_0 download to practise issuing 802.15.4 commands to the board.
Also, consider making a day to work through the MyWirelessApp demo application. It's in several parts, and takes you through starting a newtowrk, right up to sending secured data over the air from PC to PC.
Good Luck

Mark
0 Kudos