Monitor Mode 68HC908QY2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Mode 68HC908QY2

BillB
Contributor I

Description: I am trying to establish communication with the new low pin count part, trying to get it operating in monitor mode so that I can program it. I am using the same hardware and software that I have been using for the 68HC908SR12 part which we have been using for years. I have not had any success. Conditions: I am providing a 9.8304MHz clock into osc1 pin 4, 5V to VDD pin 1, VEE pin 16 to gnd, PTA1 pin 12 to 5V thru 10K, PTA4 pin 5 to gnd thru 10K, PTA0 pin 13 is digital I/O, connected /IRQ pin 9 to the higher voltage required for monitor mode, RST pin 8 to 5V thru 10K and am using "PROG08SZ.exe" software. Please review and let me know if you see a problem. I have gone over my connections verifying against the data book several times and am about out of tricks. Thanks so much for any help.

Bill

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lucyperek
Contributor II
There is one strange bug there. You must connect circa 10 nF between IRQ and ground. Whithout this cap I always observ some strange oscillations there. And of course remember that VDD must go below 0,1 V during POR. So make a switch which not only removes power but also connects VDD during POR to ground. It must work.
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Lucyperek,
I have never encountered any problem with the IRQ pin as you describe. No caps on it!
Also I have only 0.1uF on the MCU side of the power switch so it discharges quite quickly.
Of course doing as you say should still work.
Regards David

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Bill,

Your connections appear correct so what is the software telling you is going wrong?

Regards David

0 Kudos