Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Bus frequency.

Jump to solution
akashpandey
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using 8 bit freescale microcontroller MC9S08AW16A.i want to know following information-

1.Maximum bus frequency i can generate using an external oscillator in above controller.

2. If i use maximum Bus frequency then if there is any change in controller's perfomance?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
Encoder1
Contributor III

Hi Akash,

I am using 9S08AC16a and 9S08AC60 which are nearly identical to -AW family in different designs with internal oscillator and BusClock from 1 to 20MHz with no problems. External crystals are specified to work from 1 to 16 MHz (8MHz BusClock) but externally provided clock may be as high as 40MHz, i.e. full speed.

I had no problems to progressively increase BusClock from lower frequency ut to maximum other than on tasks which were based on (low) clock speed for delays. All minor problems, easy to fix. Performance always increased as well as you may expect with speed.

Salvatore

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Encoder1
Contributor III

Hi Akash,

I am using 9S08AC16a and 9S08AC60 which are nearly identical to -AW family in different designs with internal oscillator and BusClock from 1 to 20MHz with no problems. External crystals are specified to work from 1 to 16 MHz (8MHz BusClock) but externally provided clock may be as high as 40MHz, i.e. full speed.

I had no problems to progressively increase BusClock from lower frequency ut to maximum other than on tasks which were based on (low) clock speed for delays. All minor problems, easy to fix. Performance always increased as well as you may expect with speed.

Salvatore