cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13213 with an external LNA

Spell
Contributor I
Hi all,
I need to improve the range coperture of my custom board based on MC13213.
I'm thinking to use an external LNA, like MBC13720, to increase the output power.
Someone have implement a custom board with this kind of device?
I have already asked to Freescale support but they haven't an application note with this device or a reference manual.

best regards, Filippo
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

rfquery
Contributor I
Hi all,
Would anyone please share what is the minimum SNR required for detection  and the Noise figure for Freescale MC13213 SRB board. This is needed to calculate (theoretically) by what factor the range can be extended by using an LNA with SRB.
Thank you.
Regards.
0 Kudos

muni
Contributor I
Hi,

Could you share your schematic which has LNA MBC13720 interfaced with MC13213.

Thank you.

Regards,
Muni.
0 Kudos

rfquery
Contributor I
Hi all,
 Suppose I am using MBC13720 ( a seperate board) with MC13213 board to extend the range( after doing some board rework ) what type of connectors and cables should I use to avoid impedance mismatch?

0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
You can use any kind of connector and cable with an impedance of 50ohm at 2.4GHz
0 Kudos

ZigBeeficator
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,

In order to use an external LNA with MC13213, please make sure you are in Dual Port Antenna configuration (see MC1321x datasheet), then here is attached a suggested schematic with MBC13720 LNA.

Regards

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-27 02:06 PM
0 Kudos

muni
Contributor I
Hi friends,

If anybody has single antenna schematic for MC13213 (ZigBee modem) with MBC13720(LNA) in tranmit path, please share it with me. Also, I would like to know with this LNA what could be the max range I can achieve.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Muni.
0 Kudos

rfquery
Contributor I
Hi,
 Would anyone please share the  calculation of  external matching components values (Inductors and capacitors ) of  MBC13720 for 1.9GHz and 2.4GHz operation.
Thank you.
Regards,
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
Hi ZigBeeficator,
thank you for your design.
It's possible to use an external LNA like MBC13720 with a Single Port configuration and use the CT_Bias pin for set the LNA in bypass mode or gain mode?
In this case I don't use the Dual Port Configuration like you have suggested.

best regards, Filippo
0 Kudos