cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Antenna Switch - MC1321X

trailrr
Contributor I
Hi all

Currently I am using a SRB (ZED) and NCB (ZC) board. On both board, I am using the internal antenna switch instead of the external antenna switch. So i will like to find out what are the changes i need to make from the freescale beekit?

I has try to generate out the solution from freescale beekit and I has change on the option under the platform. I change the true to false for the use external antenna switch. However, after i load the firmware to SRB board from freescale codewarrior, the SRB board didn't manage to transmit anything.

So maybe there are more changes needed to be made on the freescale beekit before loading it to the board. I not sure.

Regards

trailrr

Added p/n to subject

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2007-12-05 03:55 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alex_RUS
Contributor I
file MC1321XSRB:

void RadioInit(void) {
    SPIDrvWrite(0x11,0x80FF);   /* Eliminate Unlock Conditions due to L01 */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x1B,0x8000);   /* Disable TC1. */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x1D,0x8000);   /* Disable TC2. */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x1F,0x8000);   /* Disable TC3. */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x21,0x8000);   /* Disable TC4. */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x07,0x4C00);   /* Enable CLKo in Doze  for externaal switch*/

and

void RadioInit(void) {
    SPIDrvWrite(0x11,0x80FF);   /* Eliminate Unlock Conditions due to L01 */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x1B,0x8000);   /* Disable TC1. */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x1D,0x8000);   /* Disable TC2. */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x1F,0x8000);   /* Disable TC3. */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x21,0x8000);   /* Disable TC4. */
    SPIDrvWrite(0x07,0x5E00);   /* Enable CLKo in Doze for iinternaal switch*/

But I think that using external switch is the beest way to gain best radio-performance.
0 Kudos

CecchiSandrone
Contributor II
With 1321x based boards if you want to use external antenna you can't enable it via software. By default SRB, NCB use circuit printed antenna. See this post for details: http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=8BITCOMM&thread.id=8234

Bye
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Please understand that there is a difference between using internal/external antenna switch and using either the PCB antenna or the SMA connector on the boards.

The SRB/NCB boards uses an external antenna switch, and the choice between the PCB and SMA is selected my moving a ZERO ohm resister.

For you own hardware design you can choose between the internal or external antenna switch, and the software can be configured for this by selecting the user defined target and using the platform editor to select whether the software should configure the system for internal or external antenna switch.

Note that enabling internal antenna switch on the SRB/NCB board will make the RF not function properly.

BR,
Mads

0 Kudos