cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start the programming for MC13213

kelvinNgai
Contributor I
Dear all,
I have designed a small device which can collect the brain signal of mouse and then send the host computer by the integrated zigbee in MC13213.
Could anyone tell me how to start the programming part of my project?

I have download the code Warrior and I found there is no library for MC13213 or I dont know which one i should choose. Should it be HCS08G Family--> MC9S08GT60 for MC13213?

Besides, any driver for my device to be connected with PC?? I am using an external FT232BL which can use USB bus to connect to MC13213 with the RX and TX pins. Am I right?

It is my final year project
Many thanks for your help.....

Regards,
Kelvin Ngai
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kelvinNgai
Contributor I
Thank you very much!

I have tried the Beekit. I also import the solution to the code warrior v5.0 special edition. However, when I make the solution, it said the there is a limitation of 32 files for special edition. I know there are other versions of code warrior but they are so expensive and I cannot afford it since I am a student.

Is there any other easy way to do my project? Thank you very much!

By the way, what is the model of the MCU in the MC13213? I cannot find the answer in any manual. I only know it is HCS08 series. but which model exactly it is?? There are so many families for HCS08 in code warrior and so many models in every family.
0 Kudos

strikecity
Contributor I
The document MC1321X24GHZFS.pdf states that "Each device includes a
Freescale MC9S08GT-based MCU." Since the 13213 is a 64k device, the MCU core would be taken from the MC9S08GT60.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the MC13213 literally contains the silicon from the GT60. I think that this may be relevant for users seeking ultra low power consumption because there are unused pins from the GT60 die which the user must ensure are not sources of current draw and/or incoming noise.
0 Kudos

ZigBeeficator
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,

My recommendation would be to download and install BeeKit software tool, from http://www.freescale.com/zigbee, It is a development environment that complements CodeWarrior IDE, where you can develop your application and generate xml file for CodeWarrior.

For your application, I would suggest to start from WirelessUART application example, included into SMAC codebase.

FYI, SMAC application development using BeeKit will not require the purchase of a specific license, beside IDE's one.

Regards
0 Kudos